Shannon Entin is a travel writer, travel counselor, and homeschooling mother of two. She shares her travel experiences and recommendations 100 Routes Across America.
Shannon sees travel as the ultimate classroom. She writes about traveling with her family, her quest to drive through all 50 states in the USA, and how her travel experiences help her - and her family - grow. She also contributes to TravelingMom.com and This Girl Travels. Her future goals include writing an anthology of celebrity travel stories.
Shannon has 20 years experience in writing, web design, and internet marketing. She has programmed and designed numerous web sites, built and promoted email newsletters, and created and written for several blogs. She is active in social media communities including Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest. Her experience includes...
- Created FitnessLink, an online fitness information magazine, in 1996 and served as Editor and Web Designer. FitnessLink was sold to a web content portal in August 2000.
- Co-authored The Complete Idiot's Guide to Online Health and Fitness (Macmillan, 1999) and wrote numerous feature articles for newspapers and fitness magazines.
- Presented at several health and fitness conferences in the early 2000's, speaking about marketing yourself online as a fitness professional.
- Started blogging in 2005 and became an active member of the parenting and homeschooling blogging community.
- Was a featured speaker on "Blogging as a Homeschooling Tool" at the 2009 BlogHer conference and "Creating a Vision Board For Your Blog" at the 2011 BlogHer conference.
- Rediscovered her love of travel in 2011 and launched 100 Routes Across America. Also published at TravelingMom.com, This Girl Travels, and Road Trips for Families.
- Began working as a Travel Counselor for Diamond Cruise & Travel in
2013, specializing in Orlando vacations, family vacations and